Monday, April 27, 2009

And the World Speeds Up

So many things are happening this week. One is Fiction Fest in Connecticut. I'm an attendee at this conference. I've been on a lot of programs of sf/f. This is romance and it's different. I'm a newbie in romance. This is my opportunity to learn a ton and I'm going to love it.

There are moments when you just want to lie among the stars and feel the cool soothing breeze of the universe blow over you. You're in the way. You're going with it, and it's providing comfort, contentment, and a little bit of chaos.

I will always remember A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeleine L'Engle. One of the characters, Mrs Whatsit, talks about her memory of being a star. Not the kind of star of a movie or tv show, but a star that shimmers in the dark night. The star we gaze at and it fills us with a serenity. She had sacrificed herself by blowing up in an attempt to stop a great evil. A noble death and a wondrous rebirth into a new form.

No comments: